The Preschool Ministry at Oakland Heights is designed to provide a safe, loving and Christ-centered environment for your child. Our mission is to lovingly teach and care for your children. Whether rocking a baby and whispering that Jesus loves them, playing blocks in the floor with toddlers and thanking God for fingers to play with, or sharing Bible stories with preschoolers and helping them learn basic Bible truths, our ministry exists to help your child in their first steps of learning about God.
The following guidelines will assist you in utilizing the nursery at Oakland Heights Baptist Church:
• The nursery is available during Sunday morning and evening activities and Wednesday evening activities. It will also be available during other churchwide functions as needed.
• Our Nursery Staff will be ready to welcome your child 15 minutes prior to church functions. (Our nursery staff and volunteers have all been approved by the Nursery Coordinator and the Minister of Education, and, for the safety of our preschoolers, only approved staff and volunteers are allowed to care for your children.)
• On your first visit, you will be asked to fill out an information card. This will help us know any special needs your child might have as well as to get to know you better.
• You will be issued a pager upon arrival which will be used in case we need to contact you during the function.
• Please label all of your child's items.
• Please feed your child before leaving them in the nursery. We provide snacks and juice, when appropriate, for the children.
• We provide a private area for nursing mothers.
• For the health and safety of our staff and other preschoolers, we ask that you not bring your child to the nursery if he/she has had any of the following symptoms within the last 24 hours: vomiting, diarrhea, fever, unclear nasal discharge, chicken pox, or any other contagious disease. If your child displays any of the above symptoms, he/she will be comfortably isolated from the others and you will be paged promptly.